Bluetooth Vs NFC Vs Wifi Direct
Difference between NFC, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi Direct: All of these are data transfer technologies, out of them all the most well known is Bluetooth. The other two technologies i.e. NFC and Wi-Fi Direct are also quite old but both have recently gained popularity after being incorporated by large smartphone manufacturing companies like Samsung, HTC, and Sony. For the ease and knowledge of people we are differentiating these technologies so that the people get to know about the main difference in these technologies. We will start with the brief description of each and then moving towards the uses, pros and cons. We will try our best to make it as useful and understandable as possible..
A Brief Description of NFC (Near Field Communication):
The NFC (Near field communication) is a data transfer technique and is the type of the wireless communication with short range. The data is transferred in the form of beam by touching the two things together. A single wave or beam helps to transfer the data between two devices within the range of 4 centimeter. It helps to transfer the data at much faster rate.
Applications (Near Field Communication):
There are wide range of applications of the NFC in the field of commerce, social networking and in smartphones. It is just like the Android beam.
- It helps in the contactless payment systems. It also allows the mobile payments. The NFC enabling devices also allows the Master card payments.
- It also allows user to share the files, video’s and photos in social networking situations. Multiplayer mobile games can also be played with the help of this.
- It allows the user to share contacts and other important files.
Pros and cons of NFC (Near Field Communication):
- It is easy to use. Only a simple touch is needed between the devices in order to transfer the data.
- It is versatile and can be used for the transferring of payments in bank cards. It can also be used for video games.
- As it uses the short range for the transfer of data. It helps to maintain the security of data by minimizing the theft.
- A certificate is required for using the NFC technology. Consumers cannot facilitate with this technology until or unless company incorporate it in the devices.
- Due to the investment risk, companies are not using it as it is an expensive technology.
- It can only transfers the data between the compatible devices i.e. for the transfer of data it is necessary that both the devices must have NFC technology in them.
Let’s Take a Look at Bluetooth:
Bluetooth is the widely known wireless way of communication or data transfer technology. This is the alternative technology of data cables. Radio transmission was the foundation of this technology. The users can transfer the data with the help of it.
Applications of Bluetooth:
There are wide ranges of applications of the Bluetooth technology as this technology is quite old and people are well aware of this technology. It is built into the number of devices such as laptops, mobile phones and in many medical and health care devices. Users can do the wireless communication with the help of it.
- It helps to do the wireless communication between the laptops and desktop computers.
- It is also used in the keyboards, mikes and in printers.
- It is widely using in the mobile phones as it helps them to connect with the other devices such as PDA’s 9Personal Data Assistant) and laptops.
- It is now using is the wireless remote controls of many video games.
Pros and Cons of Bluetooth:
- This technology is quite old and people are aware of this technology so it is very easy to use.
- Companies can easily incorporate this technology into their devices as it is quite inexpensive.
- The versions of the Bluetooth are easily upgradeable.
- Data theft may occur because of the long distance for the transfer of data.
- When installed, viruses or bugs might be downloaded with it.
- It is limited in its transfer of data. It does not enable the transfer of data more than two devices.
A brief Word on Wi-Fi Direct:
This is also the mean of the wireless communication and data transfer technique. This technology is quite new. It helps to establish the connection between two devices without using any router or Wi-Fi connection. Devices can exchange data without the use of internet connection. It is a certified technology. It helps to share the files that are heavy in size and share them with the faster rate.
Applications of Wi-Fi Direct:
It has many applications. It is used to share the heavy files at a faster rate.
- it is also providing the wireless connections to the peripherals such as keyboards, mice, headsets, controls, speakers.
- It is also using in the smartphones and the portable devices.
Pros and Cons of the Wi-Fi Direct:
- No internet connection or router is required for sharing files with the help of the Wi-Fi Direct. It is portable.
- This technology is developing the new ways of data transfer. It is the instant way of transferring the data.
- It shows the user when there is any connection available and thus easy in use.
- It is the protected setup and helps in the transfer of data with security.
- As this technology is new, many users have found bugs in this technology.
- It has limitation as it does not support the iPhones.
- An owner is needed in order to establish the connection with other devices and as soon as the owner leaves the group the connection disables.